A Favorite Recipe: Chicken Fried Rice
Cooked and cooled rice
1 cup frozen pea, corn & carrot mix (or similar)
1 barbecued chicken, de-boned and chopped roughly
3 eggs, lightly beaten
4 bacon rashers, diced
1 small red pepper, diced
2 teaspoons crushed garlic
1 teaspoon crushed ginger
Light soy sauce
5 shallots, diced diagonally
1 cup bean sprouts
- Make an omelette with the eggs. Roll the omelette and cut into strips
- Heat oil in wok and stir-fry bacon for 1-2 minutes.
- Add pepper, garlic, ginger and cook until tender.
- Add rice and chicken and stir-fry until mixture is hot.
- Add omelette, shallots, frozen vegetables, sprouts and soy sauce. Stir to combine.