A Favorite Recipe: Szechaun Pork
1 lb boneless pork loin, cut into strips
2 tablespoons cornflour divided (1 for sauce, 1 for marinade)
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar or dry sherry
2 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoons hot chili sauce (to taste)
1 teaspoon sugar
1 garlic clove, minced
1 large red pepper, cored and de-seeded
½ cup chicken broth
1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
3 green onions, rough chopped
- Mix the pork, sherry, soy sauce and cornflour in a bowl and coat the pork thoroughly.Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat wok to high, and add the marinaded pork (reserve the marinade). Stir fry for about 2 minutes or until slightly browned and cooked through. Remove and set aside.
- Stir fry the pepper for about 3 minutes, then add the the garlic, ginger, green onions and fry for a further 3 minutes until softened.
- Combine the reserved marinade, stock and chili sauce in a bowl and mix.
- Add the mixture to the wok and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and add the pork, then simmer until sauce has thickened.