A Favorite Recipe: Cantonese Fried Rice
½ cups short grain white rice
½ cup green peas
½ cup sweet corn kernels
½ cup vegetable oil
3 rashers bacon cut ito ½" wide strips
½ small red capsicum diced
2 spring onions chopped
2 eggs lightly beaten
4 oz small peeled cooked shrimp
2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- Place rice and 3 cups cold water in a heavy saucepan cover and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to very lowest setting and cook for about 18 minutes until the rice has absorbed the liquid and each grain is plump and separate.
- Boil the peas and corn in water until just tender drain.
- Heat half the oil in a wok and stir fry the bacon until cooked. Add the capsicum and spring onions stir fry for 1 minute and then remove.
- Pour in the beaten egg and turn the pan to spread the egg widely over the bottom.
- Cook until firm underneath then break up with a spatula and remove. Wipe out the wok.
- Heat the remaining oil and toss the rice over high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked ingredients, the shrimp and sprinkle on the soy sauce.
- Continue tossing over high heat for a few minutes. Serve hot.
The 12" wok is 3¼" deep and weighs 2¼ lbs
The 14" wok is 4¼" deep and weighs 2¼ lbs
The 16" wok is 4¾" deep and weighs 4.¾ lbs
The 18" wok is 5" deep and weighs 4½ lbs
The 20" wok is 5¾" deep and weighs 7 lbs
The 22" wok is 6" deep and weighs 8 lbs
The 24" wok is 6" deep and weighs 12¼ lbs
The 28" wok is 7½" deep and weighs 16¼ lbs
The 30" wok is 9" deep and weighs 19 lbs