A Favorite Recipe: Chinese Fondue
½ lb small shrimp (cleaned)
½ lb squid
½ lb cod meat
½ lb beef (sirloin or top round)
4 broccoli crowns (cut to bite-size pieces)
Handful of bean sprouts
Handful of mushrooms (whatever favorite)
4 lumps sugar
2 red chilies (Thai)
14 oz can of coconut milk
8 teaspoons satay powder (if you can't find, you can leave this out)
2 tablespoons curry powder
4 tablespoons ginger
1 tablespoon sesame oil
Salt & pepper to taste
- Bring 12-cups of water to the boil in a large pan.
- Add the coconut milk, satay, curry, sesame oil, crushed sugar kumps and chopped chilies. Leave for 30 minutes.
- Prepare the shrimp, then cut the squid, cod and beef into strips.
- Cover and leave to chill.
- Separate the broccoli florets, wash the bean sprouts and slice the mushrooms.
- Heat up the stock, season to taste.
- Pour into a casserole, add the broccoli, bean sprouts and mushrooms.
Keep warm at the table in your Chinese fondue, allowing each guest dips their meat and fish fondue-style.