We Also Recommend
- A Favorite Recipe: Vegetable Chow Mein
½ lb fresh egg noodles
1 can bamboo shoots
1 can water chestnuts
½ red bell pepper
1 cup fresh snow peas
2 celery stalks
2 slices ginger
2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 cup mung bean sprouts
2 tablespoons oil for stir-frying
- Blanch the noodles in boiling water for 3 - 5 minutes, or cook according to the package directions.
- Prepare the vegetables: Rinse all the vegetables and drain thoroughly. (Rinse the bamboo shoots and canned water chestnuts under warm running water for several minutes to remove any tinny taste). Cut the red bell pepper in half, remove the seeds, and cut into thin strips. String the snow peas and cut the celery into thin strips on the diagonal Mince the ginger.
- Heat the wok and add 2 tablespoons oil. When the oil is hot, add the minced ginger and stir-fry briefly until aromatic.
- Add the water chestnuts. Stir-fry briefly, and add the other vegetables except for the mung bean sprouts. Stir-fry briefly and add the noodles.
- Stir in the dark soy sauce, sugar, and rice vinegar. Stir in the bean sprouts. Cook for a few more seconds and serve hot.