A Favorite Recipe: Vegetarian Chow Mein
12 carrots, chopped into small pieces
2 Broccoli Crowns, chopped into small pieces
10 green onions, finely sliced
24 oz packet of Chow Mein noodles
16 oz bean sprouts
4 tablespoons Sesame oil
8 tablespoons Soy sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the Chow Mein noodles in a large pan of boiling water, until they are just cooked (follow instructions on packet). Rinse with plenty of cold water, drain thoroughly and set aside.
- Heat a wok over a high heat. Add one tablespoon of sunflower oil. Heat until very hot and slightly smoking.
- Add the green onions and stir-fry until golden-brown (about a minute). Then add the bean sprouts, chopped carrots and broccoli.
- Finally, add the noodles, Soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Once the noodles have warmed through season to taste with salt and pepper and serve immediately.