- 17½" long with 4¼" x 4¾" bowl, weighing 7lbs.
- 16" long with 4" x 4½" bowl, weighing 5½" lbs
- 16" long with 4" x 3¾" bowl, weighing 4½" lbs
A Favorite Recipe: Beef with Broccoli
¾ lb lean beef
For the Marinade:
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon good soy sauce
1 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon cornstarch
For the Sauce:
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
1 tablespoon light soy sauce
1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
1 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon water
1 lb fresh broccoli
2-3 garlic cloves
To Cook Broccoli:
½ cup water
¼ teaspoon salt, or to taste
½ teaspoon sugar, or to taste
- Cut the beef across the grain into thin slices. Pour over marinade ingredients, adding the cornstarch last and mix well. Marinate the beef for 30-60 minutes.
- While the beef is marinating, prepare the sauce and vegetables: for the sauce, mix together the oyster sauce, light soy, dark soy, and water in a small bowl and set aside. In another small bowl, mix the cornstarch and water thickener and set aside.
- Wash and drain the broccoli. Cut the stalk diagonally into thin slices. Cut the flowerets into 3 or 4 pieces. Crush the garlic.
- Heat the wok and add 1 cup oil. When the oil is medium-hot (between 300 and 325 degrees F.), add the beef. Blanch the beef by letting it lay flat for 30 - 40 seconds, and then stirring to separate the pieces. Remove the beef when it changes color and is nearly cooked (typically takes 1 - 2 minutes).
- Remove the beef from the wok and drain on paper towels.
- Carefully clean out the wok with paper towels.
- Add 2 tablespoons oil to the wok. When the oil is hot, add the crushed garlic and stir fry briefly until aromatic. (30 seconds or so)
- Add the broccoli, sprinkle the salt and sugar over, and stir fry briefly, turning down the heat if necessary to make sure it doesn't burn. Add the ½ cup water, and cook the broccoli, covered, for 4 - 5 minutes, until it turns a bright green and is tender but still crisp. Remove from the wok and drain.
- Clean out the wok again and add 2 more tablespoons oil. Add the broccoli and the beef. Add the sauce and cornstarch mixture in the middle of the wok and stir quickly to thicken. Mix everything together and serve hot over steamed rice.