A Favorite Recipe: Chicken & Vegetable Stir Fry
The succulent spiced chicken mixes well with the stir fry vegetables. It is quick and easy to make and is a great way to master a taste of the Orient in your own home.
1 large onion
2 large carrots
½ pack baby corn
½ pack mangetout
2 skinless boneless chicken breast fillets
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon curry powder
4 tablespoons chicken stock or water
2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- Peel, halve and thinly slice the onion. Peel and cut the carrots in half lengthways then cut into thin slices. Halve the baby corn and mangetout at an angle.
- Wash and dry the chicken breasts, then cut into thin strips.
- Heat the wok or frying pan over a high heat and add the oil. Add the chicken and curry powder and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the onion and carrot and stir-fry for 2 minutes more. Then add the sweetcorn and mangetout and stir-fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the stock and tomato ketchup and simmer for 1-2 minutes. Serve at once with cooked rice or noodles.