We Also Recommend
- A Favorite Recipe: Tempura Shrimp
½ cup cornflour (cornstarch)
½ cup plain flour
1 egg, lightly beaten
¾ cup cold soda water
2 lbs of uncooked jumbo shrimp
Vegetable Oil for deep frying
- Clean, Shell and devein shrimp.
- Sift flours together in a medium bowl. Add egg and soda water and mix until just combined (it is okay if the batter is a little lumpy). Allow batter to stand for a few minutes.
- Heat oil in a large wok. Holding shrimp by the tails, dip in the batter and allow excess to drain away.
- Deep-fry shrimp until batter is very lightly browned, shrimp have turned pink and are cooked through. (It is best to fry in batches, so as not to overcrowd the pan.)
- Drain and Serve